profile
Jade
affiliates
FB Twitter
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May with a graphic from The Fading Night and the colours and background by Sugar.
Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:34 PM
Dad dropped by this last weekend. He was on his was to Townsville to get on a ship for 7 weeks. Now I really want to be a Geologist. I must look up doing some Geology units next semester. He showed me photos of the documentary he did for National Geographic and his visit to Cameroon. It's so interesting what he does and all the places he gets to see is amazing. The world is a beautiful place. I will never forget that.
So while he was here took him to Swan Valley, Freo and Kings Park. The usual. There is no excuse for his terribly pink shirt. I think it's some mid-life thing he's going through. Well more hoping it is. Had a real good time. He even had dinner with Nick after I dropped the boyfriend bomb on Dad.
This was my Dad treat for the year. Discovered really gorgeous rapids at Swan Valley.
"Lavender ice cream sounds disgusting. We HAVE to try it!"
It was worse than I imagined. Think eating lavender soap then spraying lavender perfume into your mouth. That is exactly what it tasted like.
To my little brother who is out at some camp now. Be strong. You are strong. We may not be the dictionary's version of a complete family but you have Mum and you have me. We all have each other. That's pretty complete enough to me.
Lesson of the week: Treasure your family. However small or big or distant or incomplete they may be. If you have a Mum and a Dad who love you then count yourself lucky. I know I do.
PS: I have Lilo's "Ohana means family" nonsense in my head now