
Jade
FB
Twitter
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by
Anna May
with a graphic from
The Fading Night
and the colours and background by
Sugar.
CNYYYYYY
Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:31 PM
Made the mistake of following my mum down to Tampines Mall NTUC. THE WORLD AND HIS WIFE WERE THERE! (&%#!%(! CHINESE NEW YEAR CROWD. Mmm, glad I got that out. And of course as the dutiful daughter that I am, I carried the basket which in the beginning I tried to skillfully maneuver through the crowd. But after about 10 minutes in the fruit section,during which I got attacked by crazy strawberry man (strawberries discounted and he was literally reaching over everyone and dumping them into his trolley, obviously he's not the one who usually does the grocery shopping in the house if not he'd have some sense to check the condition of the strawberries he was chucking. Mind you they all probably got mangled by the time the hit the bottom of the trolley), got yelled at straight in the ear by a very overexcited chinawoman (apparently she's never known the cherry tomatoes to be so red) and got my toes crushed by a pram with the world's most hideous baby, I gave up being polite and just let my basket smash into whoever wouldn't move out of the way.
But at the end of the day I did make it out alive and now CNY is coming! It's my 3rd favourite celebration. Christmas is first naturally and my birthdays 2nd (but this year I dread it so CNY moves up a notch). Festivities start tonight. And just cos I'm only half Chinese doesn't mean I don't know how to do this right. Going to the market tonight to look see. Then tomorrow night is reunion dinner. 1st day is visiting my many many cousins. 2nd is when friends and family come over! Bring in the $$$$.