profile
Jade
affiliates
FB Twitter
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May with a graphic from The Fading Night and the colours and background by Sugar.
look at the stars, and how they shine for you
Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:14 PM
Yesterday was a total waste of time. But it was an awesome total waste of time. It was magical. Exams are in 8 days. I am super screwed.
I tried to study a bit during the day, was super unmotivated and uber distracted. Then Kriss and Sarah came to visit and that was much more fun then listening to my lectures. Haha. We had a good girly talk. Then they left for school and I turned back to my work. That didn't last very long.
Boys came out to play soccer and us girls threw our very neglected rugby ball around. We were shoo-ed away when the game started so we had another girly talk.
It was a beautiful evening. You know those kinds you find on postcards? Yeah, exactly like that. So we isolated ourselves outside and started a tradition. I love this batch of girls. We've had an interesting semester here. It wouldn't have been the same without them. We've made a pact to stick together. Even if we go our seperate ways next sem, we all know how to find our way back. Ice cream and good times.
The moon came out to smile at us and the stars did their twinkling thing. We all lay out in the grass to watch the shooting stars. Girls being girls all squealed when we saw a shooting star together. Think we woke up the entire middle wing. Oppsa. It was a pretty night. Time seemed to stand still.
I went back to my room eventually and did some work. Guilty I guess. Read my bible too, been doing that a lot more often now. Last night's passage was so appropriate, (God's speaking again)
Psalm 18:1-2
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
The universe around us says something about the Creator. Outer space tells us about God's size. The sun tells us about God's power. Stars tell us about God's beauty. The wishes I made were actually little prayers of hope, little prayers of thanksgiving. My God is great and my only source of strength. Without Him I cannot do anything. So I lift my exams and heart up to You, give me strength Lord to keep going, to keep us all going.